Saturday, October 17, 2009

You never sleep


One final, longing look back over the shoulder towards summer. Huddling by a space heater, I really have to fantasize to remember the warmth of the sun.

It's half-past midnight. Haven't started final kennel chores. Have just succumbed to the insistence of friends that I need a blog. That others need me to blog. Like the world needs another opinionated wretch pouring over the keyboard in search of a niche audience. Not convinced, but taking the plunge.

Guess I just contradicted myself.

What can I offer you? I hope this can evolve into a place for those whose interests in animals borders on the obsessive. For those who don't just want to train their dogs, but want to understand them, to learn to read them as one learns gradually to comprehend a foreign language. There is plenty of written material available if you need the technical side of training, but that's not the focus of this venue. Sure, I'll answer questions of how to get a dog to do something specific, I've always got an opinion. If you've got an issue that's bugging you with your dog, we can discuss it privately if you want a more in-depth analysis and problem-solving plan.

But I'm not limiting things. Topics will be wide-ranging. Photos will be willy-nilly. This is for the dogs, truly!

2 comments:

  1. With all of your experience and expertize, and the beauty and pride you show in all of your animals, you should compile a book and these blogs and you experiences. They seem to me, to be so insightful and interesting and informative.
    I would think anyone interested in the animal (mostly domesticated) kingdom would find your thoughts, writings, experiences worth the reading. But then again, in todays day and age, I guess that is what blogging is for. Perhaps, in the future, when this blog gets the interest it deserves, and you compile more information, you might consider putting some of these things in book form. Just a thought.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Larry, may your words reach a Publisher somewhere and take root! I didn't see your comment before, so now that I've added a new gadget to this blog it supposedly will keep me better informed when someone adds a comment to an older post. I hope you continue to read the entries and find it helpful or at least entertaining.

    ReplyDelete